Digital Orthographic Imagery and automated business applications let us provide you with diverse and versatile mapping products in electronic format. This technology also enhances the quality and applicability of GIS based parcel mapping and imaging. Digital Ortho Photography and GIS based image processing tools have revolutionized the ways in which aerial photographs are used for analysis and management.
- Standard orthographic images are electronically processed to reduce or eliminate the distortion caused by aircraft tilt and topographic displacement and become "orthophotos."
- A series of these images can be joined together to map photo mosaics that cover a much larger area of land than the individual photos.
- Geometric correctness allows these photos to be used for making approximate ground measurements and to capture and present spatial information.
Resolution and scale
- The basic photo image is of a section (one square mile) of land.
- Images are catalogued and numbered by section, township and range.
- Available in .tiff or Multi Resolution Seamless Image Database (MrSID) format.
- Customized images may be exported in other standard formats.
Orthographic digital data is available for purchase from our Purchase Plotting, Data and Survey Approvals page.
Purchase aerial maps in our Download or Purchase Maps section.