Hennepin County is committed to supporting sustainable transportation options for all residents. The benefits of these options include:
- A regional network carrying residents efficiently and comfortably to their work and recreation destinations
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Diminished air pollution and greenhouse gases
- Housing, commerce and entertainment options clustered along transit corridors, providing jobs, services and convenience to residents
- Public Transportation
- Get schedules and learn about projects, funding and oversight.
- Roads & Bridges
- Get links to maps and information about current and planned improvements.
- Biking & Walking
- Find out how to get around the county on bike or on foot.
Customers boarded Metro Transit buses and trains more than 81 million times in 2012, with ridership on the Hiawatha Light Rail line at the the highest level since the line’s 2004 opening
Learn more about the success of the Hiawatha Light Rail line and watch video highlights.